Treefree saddles are lightweight and provide excellent flexibility and cushioning for horse and rider.
Features specific to Dartmoor and Exmoor:
- Safety stirrup bars positioned to allow effortless shoulder-hip-heel alignment
- English rigging to accommodate a dressage girth
- Full-length saddle flaps
- Removable/changeable seat available in suede or smooth leather, as well as with additional padding to lift the rider and give a narrower feel to the saddle
- Three widths of fiberglass pommel to fit a variety of horses; pommels can also be ordered in custom widths
- Fiberglass pommels and cantles can be removed and replaced with stuffing
(please note: riding without a rigid front pommel may impact the saddle’s lateral stability)
- Integrated panels to provide a channel for the horse’s spine
- 5 D-rings for attachment of breast collar, saddle bags, etc.
- Two stock seat sizes: 16” and 17”; additional sizes are available by special order.
- Custom options available; please contact us to discuss your needs
- Exmoor comes with removable knee rolls
Features specific to the Western:
- Available with or without a horn (horn is for decorative purposes only, not for roping, ponying, mounting, etc.)
- No flaps; this gives a closer-contact feel to the rider
- Western rigging, including rings for a rear cinch
This option works well for horses with a forward girth groove on whom a traditional saddle gets pulled forward. Use of the rear cinch also provides extra stability. This model is recommended for those with saddle movement problems as well as for those who like the Western look.
Demo Saddle Available:
17" black Exmoor